1. What days do you collect the boars?
Usually on Monday and Thursdays, except for Holiday weeks, then call for dates.
2. What type of extender do you use?
3. How long does it last?
The package reads 10-14 days. Our experience is 7-14 days if kept at 64-65 degrees F. and gently turned (or rotated) 2 times a day.
4. How long does it take to get my order?
We ship the semen same day as it is collected. We use UPS next day air. Therefore, if you order for Monday you receive it on Tuesday. If you order for Thursday you receive it when your UPS runs on Friday. If your sow/gilt comes in to heat unexpectedly, we can also ship overrun semen on non collection weekdays (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday). If ordered on Friday, you must have UPS Saturday Delivery available which is an additional cost.
5. How do I pay for my order?
We accept Visa/Mastercard/American Express/Discover, Check By Phone, and we also ship C.O.D. (Cashiers Check or Money Order)
6. How do I place an order with Triple B Sires?
Call 918-689-3290 or 918-689-3860 for orders and verification of semen availability.
7. How soon should I place an order?
As soon as you know your sows cycle. At least 2-3 weeks in advance, if possible, for best availability.
8. Do you also raise show pigs?
Yes. We raise mainly Purebred Yorks and White, Blue and Belted Crosses.
The majority of our pigs will sell in our On-Line Sales.
9. How much does an A.I. Certificate cost?
$25 each. This covers the Association's fees and our processing fee.
10. How many doses of semen should I use?
We recommend 2-3 doses per sow.
11. How long should I wait after standing heat before I use the first dose?
You should wait approximately 12-24 hours for the first dose, then 12-24 hours for the second dose and 12 hours for the third. This will vary with each sow.
12. What supplies do I need to breed my gilt or sow?
The semen, some type of spirette (or other breeding rod), non-spermicidal lubrication.
13. How many days is it between heat cycles and when should I order semen?
It is usually 18 to 21 days between heat cycles depending on your sow. We recommend that you order semen to be delivered to you on the 18th or 19th day.
14. How often do you send out literature on your boars?
We send out two complete sire catalogues each year, in the fall and in the spring.